The holidays are fast approaching. Oh what fun it is serving up something new and exciting. Lucky for you, your foodie and chief flavor head at JADE has you covered! These flaky and flavorful Tuna Pastry Cups are delicate and delectable all in the same bite. Why not spread some gourmet goodness this season?
2 Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
2-4oz. cans Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 tsp. spicy brown mustard
2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
1/4 tsp. paprika
1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, add tuna, paprika, salt, ground pepper, parsley, mayonnaise, mustard, olive oil and mix evenly. Set aside.
- Using a round, crinkle cookie cutter, cut out 12 rounds from each pastry sheet. (Yields fewer for supermarket pastry sheets. Refer to Note below).
- Stuff cutouts into muffin pan to form 24 cups.
- Using a teaspoon, fill cups with tuna mix. Press gently with finger.
- Bake pastries until nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and let sit 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from muffin pan and serve.
Baking time: 18-20 minutes
Note: This recipe was made using two large, restaurant-style puff pastry sheets. When using pastry sheets from your local grocer, substitute about 8 pastry sheets to yield 24 rounds. Recipe requires a 24-cup Nonstick Mini Muffin Pan (or two 12-cup pans) and a round cookie cutter (crinkled or plain).
Tips & Techniques
When thawing pastry, remove paper underneath sheets.
Dust cutting board (or other surface) with flour to prevent sticking.
Frozen puff pastry generally thaws within 10-15 minutes.
These Tuna Pastry Cups present like crab but for a fraction of the cost and are the perfect appetizer to get your holiday party started! Visit www.JADEGRILL.com for more Food, Flavor, Fun!