Although we can generally find sweet potatoes year round, they are synonymous with fall. There are a variety of ways to cook these root vegetables. Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes for enjoying this savory super food. And as we inch closer to the holidays what better time to learn how to make this dish. It will undoubtedly make a great addition to your Thanksgiving and Christmas table!
2 lbs sweet potatoes
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice diagonally in half inch pieces.
- Lay potatoes in baking pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with honey.
- Cut butter in 4 and add to pan.
- Add raisins and water.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Remove cover, spoon liquid over potatoes and bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes.
Bake Time: 40 minutes
Nutrient Note (Sweet Potatoes)
Two times the recommended daily dose of Vitamin A.
Has almost half the recommended daily dose of Vitamin C.
Good serving of dietary fiber.
No fat, no cholesterol!